Seasoned divers may go "not again?" on this post but I am really excited to see if it's possible to find enough divers each trip that I am planning to various places like Tioman / Perhentian / Tenggol / Indo on DIY basis.
Sometimes I prefer a small group of like-minded divers (at least if you join me, it means you don't mind going a little budget/less luxurious and just want some adventure) and probably those who are:
1) New to diving and want to join a small group first
2) Not yet comfortable to join Dive operator trips / LOB
3) Seasoned divers who have a passion to meet / help those new to diving
Maybe all these won't work out but I want to try since I like to DIY trips! So any comments / help from fellow divers in this forum would be great.
For Tioman, currently plans are:
1) Get a group of 4 or 6 each time (1 quad or 2 triples)
2) Travel by chauffeured ride (have bookmarked a few companies with a good rate!)
3) Go via Tg Gemuk - need more info on the ferry timings
4) Try various chalets / dive operators - open for comments!
5) Make new friends and just have fun
6) Always try to keep costs low - so no Berjaya stays!
7) Open for longer trips (4d3n/5d4n) to take advantage of weekend + PH.
For Perhentian, currently plans are:
1) on holddddd - baby steps
For anywhere else, even those requiring a short flight, post your "wishes" and maybe with enough interested divers wanting to form a group, we can make it happen.