That said....maybe I will just get a mask, snorkel, fins and......maybe a dive comp or a regulator set...lets see if this feeling will die off in the following weeks to come...it has been 2 weeks so far
1. I think a dive computer for OW may not be necessary but if you do get one, I think the Suunto Zoop is quite capable for not a lot of $. It's my back-up computer these days.
2. I bought a snorkel...and never used it. Waste my money. Never even used it for snorkeling. You might want to get the dive company to loan you one for the course. Actually, if you want, I can lend mine to you for the course. But if you buy one and not continue diving, you can still use it for snorkeling in Phuket, Krabi, Cebu etc.
3. Choose your mask carefully. Find one that fits. Many websites telling you how to do that. You can use it for snorkeling too.
4. You might want to get a full 3mm wetsuit. If diving doesn't work out for you, you can still use it for wakeboarding or kitesurfing (as your profile pic seems to suggest
5. Fins...maybe not yet. Since they don't pose a hygiene hazard, you can use the dive company's. Get a pair of booties, though. Those are useful for any watersport.
6. Reg set...hmm...that's probably the costliest piece of gear to get. If the idea of using the dive company's grosses you out, you can buy a cheap mouthpiece, get a cable tie, and swap.
7. BCD can use dive company's for now. Later if you decide diving is for you, you can buy a jacket BCD or backplate and wing.
Tell you what, I can lend you #1, #2 and #3. I can also lend you an unused mouthpiece and give you a couple of cable ties. You can PM me if you are interested.