Author Topic: Kuantan Wreck  (Read 9751 times)

Alvin Ho

Re: Kuantan Wreck
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 11, 10:58 »
oh awesome! bring your camera.. i'll bring you to go find macro stuff... bring your magnifying glasses! haha

to add on, mass of divers nvm, they move too fast anyway. i just plonk myself somewhere and go critter hunting.  ;D
Canon 5D MK III
Canon 100mm L Macro, Canon 16-35mm L, Canon 8-15mm FE, Nexus Housing
Sony A7R2, A6300 Sony 90mm Macro, Nauticam Housing
Inon Z-240 Strobes, Weefine Video lights, FIT Focus lights

livinouttabox

• livinouttabox
« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 11, 11:28 »
usually it isn't because a whole load of the usual divers will go redang, perhentian, tioman or even LOBs. :)
Anyway if my group can get our own little boat to dive off from then we'll go different timing and different dive sites than the masses.  :D

Damn Alvin, will really like to join you and your khakis someday. If you don't mind that is. Sounds like my kinda diving: away from crowds, exploring different sites and doing it with lots of like-minded compressed air addicts.

oh awesome! bring your camera.. i'll bring you to go find macro stuff... bring your magnifying glasses! haha

Alamak, stress la. I not so pro yet la. Me and Kresna gunning to learn loads from each other (the trusty s90 club). Tell you what though, looking forward to it. Last time I did Tioman was 3 years ago. :S
I'm Walking on Sunshine woah!! I'm Walking on Sunshine Woah!! Piak... Awww Dogshit...

SSI | NAUI | IANTD | SDI | PADI

Alvin Ho

« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 11, 12:50 »
Damn Alvin, will really like to join you and your khakis someday. If you don't mind that is. Sounds like my kinda diving: away from crowds, exploring different sites and doing it with lots of like-minded compressed air addicts.

Alamak, stress la. I not so pro yet la. Me and Kresna gunning to learn loads from each other (the trusty s90 club). Tell you what though, looking forward to it. Last time I did Tioman was 3 years ago. :S

next time loh.
Canon 5D MK III
Canon 100mm L Macro, Canon 16-35mm L, Canon 8-15mm FE, Nexus Housing
Sony A7R2, A6300 Sony 90mm Macro, Nauticam Housing
Inon Z-240 Strobes, Weefine Video lights, FIT Focus lights

antacid

• Colouredshots
« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 11, 12:59 »

oh don't worry lots of macro to see in tioman. anyway all cameras work the same way so once you figure one out you've got the rest covered! hopefully we don't get stuck at some beginner dive sites. i wonder if we could do a dive at paya beach?  ;D white sand macro!

livinouttabox

• livinouttabox
« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 11, 13:41 »
If time permits I'm always up for "additional" shore diving. I bet you Kresna and Leopard wouldn't mind either. ;D
I'm Walking on Sunshine woah!! I'm Walking on Sunshine Woah!! Piak... Awww Dogshit...

SSI | NAUI | IANTD | SDI | PADI

antacid

• Colouredshots
« Reply #25 on: 25 Apr 11, 10:40 »
and we're back! i did 2 dives at the kuantan wreck, and it was as good as ever. vis was good at about 15m or more, with no currents except towards the end of the second dive.

For the first dive I just spent the whole 35 minutes hanging around at the stern, watching school of fusiliers darting about, hunting trevallies, and stalking a school of large (1m+) yellow-fin barracuda. there was also a large marble ray near the middle of the ship.

It seemed like more oil was seeping out and clumps were floating off quite regularly. quite scary.

The second dive was a swim around the whole ship, which was covered in rich soft-coral. i saw a grouper getting lucky and making off with a yellow-fin snapper in its mouth. quite awesome. My friends saw a large school of 50-60+ batfish.

Gymrat76

« Reply #26 on: 26 Apr 11, 17:16 »

The second dive was a swim around the whole ship, which was covered in rich soft-coral. i saw a grouper getting lucky and making off with a yellow-fin snapper in its mouth. quite awesome. My friends saw a large school of 50-60+ batfish.

It looked like more than 50-60+... think got 100+