Author Topic: Stung by the Crown of Thorns Starfish  (Read 7873 times)

siaokao

• Global Moderator
  • 2xKS diver..
    • OMS
Re: Stung by the Crown of Thorns Starfish
« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 10, 00:23 »
Haha.. Sorry, not a good photo to post. What DIN said reminded me of this shot.. So dig out post for fun.  :P

Vignetting is quite bad for my fisheye wet lens. Have to zoom in quite abit.. But at that depth and excitement, did not zoom enuf lah. :P

Btw, housing also have condensation issue during that dive.. Thus so blur. That approx 1ton fish is abt 20m away from me,  but on fisheye lens.. Looks pea size!
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 10, 00:24 by siaokao »
So they call it a 'FACT' coz someone made some statements on a 'FACT SHEET'? hummm...

diver-hloc

• The Pale Fat Diverů
  • Global Moderator
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/hlocphotoscollections/albums
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 10, 09:26 »
Sorry to hear what happened DIN..... but no worries... as the numbness will go away, given time. I was once badly strung by Hydrios (hope I got the spelling right) at Hantu... numbed a part of my hand for 6mth. But luckily no perment damage.....  ;D
Two things have altered not
Since first the World began
The beauty of the wild green earth
And the bravery of Man

DIN

• Global Moderator
    • Website Design & Maintained by RAWMIXMEDIA
« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 10, 15:52 »
Thanks diver-hloc There is no numbness now. I heard that it take a while to fully recover from this but its getting better.

I am so prone to stings that I am diving with a full wetsuit now, as much as I dislike it. For some reason, the other part that is exposed got stungs. I am just so prone to stings that I got use to it. Next time should also cover my face... ;D

KT

« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 10, 13:29 »
Wow sorry to hear that but great info to share. Will definitely be extra careful in the future. In the past I was just on the lookout for urchins but now I know about the COTs. I just got back from the COT cleanup at Tioman. Was a great trip except for I got some barotrauma in my sinus from diving with a cold. Nobody got hurt except for a couple of guys who got stung when they decided to test the COT's defenses for themselves. ::)