Linked Events

• Pulau Hantu Underwater Cleanup: 28 Nov 10

Author Topic: ScubaSG Underwater Cleanup  (Read 46307 times)

Admin

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • Maintained by RWM
ScubaSG Underwater Cleanup
« on: 08 Nov 10, 18:23 »
Dear ScubaSG members

We are organising a ScubaSG Underwater Cleanup this coming November at Pulau Hantu. We are sponsoring 20 volunteers from the forum to help with this effort. This is ScubaSG first marine conservation initiative and we hope everyone can contribute and help create awareness to our fragile marine environment. What better way to do this than to start with our own backyard. It is also a chance for everyone to meet up and get to know each other.

We are organizing this cleanup ourselves and there will be no dive guide or insurance coverage, hence safety is our top priority. As a precaution, this project is open to Advanced Open Water and above only and if you are an active Divemaster or Instructor, you are more than welcome to guide.

Big Bubble Centre is supporting this initiative and will sponsor ScubaSG with a Buoyancy Performance Session at Outram pool. This fun session will let you improve your control and fine-tune your buoyancy under the guidance of Stanley Ong, one of the industry veteran. This session is mandatory for all selected volunteers. Active Instructors and Divemasters are welcome to exchange tips and ideas during this session. We hope this will benefit all the divers involved.

Details of Event as follow:

Buoyancy Performance Session
Date: 14 November 2010 (Sunday)
Time: 1200hrs
Meeting Point: Outram Pool

Pulau Hantu Underwater Cleanup
Date: 28 November 2010  (Sunday)
Time: 1230hrs to 1700hrs
Meeting Point: Republic of Singapore Yacht Club (RSYC)

Registration Fee: $20 per diver

Whats's included:
  • 2 Dives
  • Tanks & Weights
  • Lunch & Drinks
  • One Limited Edition ScubaSG T-Shirt
  • A pair of tickets to an Exclusive ScubaSG screening of Sammy's Adventures: The Secret Passage
    (Venue and date to be advised)

Please PM admin by this Thursday, 11 November to participate in this event with the following:

Name:
Certification Level:
Logged Dives:
Last Dive:
T-Shirt Size:
Contact No:

Proof of certification is required. We will collect the registration fee during the pool session and you are required to sign a Liability Release Form.

We are not sponsoring any equipment rental. If you need rental equipments, Big Bubble Centre is offering a special rate for this project. However, you will need to contact them personally.

Join in the fun!  
Admin
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 10, 13:58 by Admin »
Singapore Scuba Diving Forum Admin
Join our Facebook!

siaokao

• Global Moderator
  • 2xKS diver..
    • OMS
Re: ScubaSG Underwater Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 10, 19:41 »
wow.. so cool!  Got outing! :D
So they call it a 'FACT' coz someone made some statements on a 'FACT SHEET'? hummm...

Jordan76

• Dive NOW... work LATER. Sadly I'm working now...
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 10, 20:21 »
I cannot go!! too much stuff going on that day...

Can i get the t-shirt? pay for it?
Do a mini adex 2010 stuff on turtles at the preview... i wanna go!!

grbenji

« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 10, 20:29 »
Who's going? ;D

Admin

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • Maintained by RWM
« Reply #4 on: 08 Nov 10, 21:13 »
I have already few enquiries about this so I might as well let everyone know here. There are no other hidden charges except for the $20 registration fee. This fee is just to cover some administrative cost and miscellaneous items we need on that day and most importantly you turn up for the cleanup. The cost of boat rental and all items mentioned below are sponsored by ScubaSG, except for rental equipment.

* 2 Dives
    * Tanks & Weights
    * Lunch & Drinks
    * One Limited Edition ScubaSG T-Shirt
    * A pair of tickets to an Exclusive ScubaSG screening of Sammy's Adventures: The Secret Passage
      (Venue and date to be advised)
Singapore Scuba Diving Forum Admin
Join our Facebook!

siaokao

• Global Moderator
  • 2xKS diver..
    • OMS
« Reply #5 on: 08 Nov 10, 22:48 »
Who's going? ;D

I've indicated my interest.. just hope after 14th pool session, my gear can dry in time for 17th trip.  :p
So they call it a 'FACT' coz someone made some statements on a 'FACT SHEET'? hummm...

Ddivex

« Reply #6 on: 08 Nov 10, 23:12 »
super interested! but gonna work on that day... zzz..
any possibility to get the t shirt / tickets? haha. just asking...
revolution is nothing but the start of the next fall.

Smurfette

« Reply #7 on: 09 Nov 10, 00:15 »
Can i pay $20 and go for the pool session + 2 free ticket + 1 ScubaSG T-shirt?  ;D

Can't play my part for the environment and participate in the clean up bcoz i got prior appointment on that day.
$20 for all these are really good. I WANT!  ;)

ndut

« Reply #8 on: 09 Nov 10, 09:54 »
Yes! I also want to pay $20 and go for the pool session + 2 free ticket + 1 ScubaSG T-shirt  ;D

I cant join the clean up cos not enough experience yet  :(

Jordan76

• Dive NOW... work LATER. Sadly I'm working now...
« Reply #9 on: 09 Nov 10, 09:54 »
Can i pay $20 and go for the pool session + 2 free ticket + 1 ScubaSG T-shirt?  ;D

Can't play my part for the environment and participate in the clean up bcoz i got prior appointment on that day.
$20 for all these are really good. I WANT!  ;)

i'm working on Sunday...
paying $20 for the 2 tickets and T-shirt is cool... can use the preview as a ScubaSG gathering too.