Author Topic: Travel & Diving Insurance  (Read 4526 times)


  • Guest
Travel & Diving Insurance
« on: 20 May 10, 10:07 »
Is it true that normal travel insurance doesn't cover DCI?
Which travel insurance should I buy to get me covered for diving accidents?

Alvin Ho

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3108
  • Karma: +68/-15
Re: Travel & Diving Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 10, 21:02 »
AIG travel insurance covers sports like scuba diving. But not sure what exactly it covers.

For diving insurance, get DAN. You join as a member and it covers evacuation. You can buy extra insurance for treatment for dive related injuries.
Canon 5D MK III
Canon 100mm L Macro, Canon 16-35mm L, Canon 8-15mm FE, Nexus Housing
Sony A7R2, A6300 Sony 90mm Macro, Nauticam Housing
Inon Z-240 Strobes, Weefine Video lights, FIT Focus lights


  • Guest
Re: Travel & Diving Insurance
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 10, 17:40 »
I called AIG hotline and they said they covered diving accidents but they are not sure what DCI and Chamber means. They told me they get back to me. I checked on DAN website and discovered that DAN Insurance is actually underwritten by AIG Travel Assist.  ??? 8)


  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 267
  • Karma: +5/-0
Re: Travel & Diving Insurance
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 10, 20:09 »
I do know that DAN is actually underwritten by aig travel assist. However have yet to check with aig what aspect of diving accident it cover. Do post it on the forum once they get back to u. Thanks!