Author Topic: Singapore to Perhentian islands  (Read 982 times)

jchantw

• Singapore Scuba Diving Forum
Singapore to Perhentian islands
« on: 23 Nov 18, 12:45 »
Hi all,

Has anyone been to Perhentian islands to dive recently? I've checked n there's no bus operators going from Singapore to Kuala Trengganu now anymore.. can anyone share your lobangs to go up to Perhentian? Thanks a lot!

theodorews

Re: Singapore to Perhentian islands
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 18, 22:56 »
Hi!

You can take an overnight bus from Larkin (Johor Bahru) to Kuala Terengganu. Here's my usual route:

1) Singapore --> Larkin (JB)  -- SBS bus 170

2) Larkin (JB) --> Jerteh         -- there are many bus providers doing this route, usually terminating at Kota Bahru passing by Jerteh/Jertih. I always take the one around 8/9PM reaching Jerteh at 6/7AM. Can check easybook.com for example

3) Jerteh --> Kuala Besut Jetty    -- taxi (20-30MYR)

4) Kuala Besut Jetty --> Perhentian Island  -- speedboat (75MYR)

It's definitely a long journey, but I find it okay as I can reach Perhentian by 9/10AM and on the last day I can do 2/3 dives and leave by the 4PM boat back to Kuala Besut before taking the 10PM bus back from Jerteh to JB.

Else you can consider flying to Kota Bahru (1-2hrs away from Kuala Besut) but I think it's not so convenient and kinda expensive too.

Hope this helps :)

jchantw

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 18, 23:23 »
Thanks very much for your kind reply.. that's exactly what I was looking for to get to the Perhentian islands! Have a Merry Christmas! :)

Opelxing

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 20, 16:48 »
Not long ago I debated with a friend about the above.

jchantw

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 20, 17:17 »
Did you come to a conclusion what's the best way to get to pulau perhentian? I've got the same question to pulau tenggol too..   :-\