Login  |  Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author Topic: Some questions; any help is much appreciated!  (Read 144 times)

Sarfarosh

• Liked: 0
  • Singapore Scuba Diving Forum
Hello everyone,,
I'm new to this forum and diving in general. I'm glad to have found a local community here, and I'd really appreciate it if more experienced divers (pretty much everyone) could point me in the right direction regarding a few things.

I took my PADI open water in Bali last year with my (now-ex) girlfriend. The experience was great - patient and thorough instructors, great scenery both above and under water, the overall sensation - I was hooked!showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/

Unfortunately, I have since run out of friends in my circle who are interested in diving (I have tried to entice them, with little success) and haven't dived since.

Questions:

1) Are there any interest groups/clubs I can join where I can meet new people interested in the sport? It would be great to know a bunch of people to plan trips with, learn from and generally share in the enthusiasm. I've got a long way to go to be an experienced diver, I hope to gradually get better and better.

2) As far as I know, most Singaporeans don't dive in Singapore. How are most trips planned and executed? Do friends simply decide a date, location, foreign operator and go? Or sign up for trips arranged by local dive shops?

3) Having to travel to dive comes with it time and financial constraints. Thus, it is not exactly the same as heading down to east coast park once a week to cycle or something, in terms of both convenience and cost. How many times a year would it be recommended to dive in order to maintain my skills?

Thanks in advance for replying! :)
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 19, 00:27 by Sarfarosh »