Login  |  Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author Topic: Pulau Tioman - Trip Report (Sep 2019)  (Read 234 times)

triggerfish2

• Liked: 0
  • Singapore Scuba Diving Forum
Pulau Tioman - Trip Report (Sep 2019)
« on: 14 Sep 19, 18:39 »
Hi, just sharing on the recent trip which I made with my boys, aged 18 and 13, both OW certified back in late 2017, Phuket.

Anyway, my intention is just to share the modes of transport, accommodation and dive centre which we engaged during the recent trip.  We do not have any stake in their businesses.  Some of you may find the prices kinda pricey but I must clarify that the trip was intended to be leisure, and just like any other services, it is an open market out there.  I must confess that I did not make any price comparison other than the ferry.

triggerfish2

Re: Pulau Tioman - Trip Report (Sep 2019)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 19, 18:54 »
To start off, I engaged a cab which came to Singapore and fetched us to Mersing.
I checked against the ferry departure and realised CataFerry only had 2 departures from Mersing - 7 am and 12.30 pm. 
As our intended departure date coincided with the school holidays, our main concern was not to be caught in the jam in either country's Customs.
He arrived at 6 am punctually and surprisingly, clearing both Customs was a bliss!
In fact we even had breakfast on our way to Mersing at about 7 am!

triggerfish2

Re: Pulau Tioman - Trip Report (Sep 2019)
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 19, 18:55 »
Could someone please advise how to insert the photos/image? I tried clicking on 'insert image' icon but to no avail.