Author Topic: Tenggol Resort  (Read 6469 times)

Dyve

Tenggol Resort
« on: 13 May 11, 16:41 »
Hi fellow divers,

I've been visiting this forum for quite some time. It's my first post here.

Well, I'm planning my first trip to Tenggol. Does anyone has experience staying there?

I'll be planning to stay at Tenggol Island Beach Resort, which seems to be the better bet among the rest. Heard that sand files is abundant there too.

Any feedback about the place?

Many thanks...Cheers!

MrTakTahu

• So Others May Live...
Re: Tenggol Resort
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 11, 17:06 »
Welcome to SSG, Dyve! You'll find extensive information here and feel free to share or ask anything under the sun relating to scuba diving off course... :D :D :D

Back to your Q, i would say Tenggol Island Beach Resort provides the best accommodation & logistics. Paul the owner is a great guy and Christy the Instructor is awesome too. With regards to sandfly infestation, really depends on the month you are going. Best to bring along a medication spray. Food-wise, it is good.

One thing i love about Tenggol is the laidback style & most divesites are within 30 mins away. Should try "The Highway" when you are there... It has both good pelagic, macros & mini wall too. Did i mentioned that once a whale shark wandered into the lagoon... Now, I did!  ;D ;D ;D

Best to wear a wets. Dunno wan get attack by jellys!

You'll have a great time there!

So, how are you going up there? DC or self-drive?

timyang

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 11, 19:30 »
Welcome to SSG, Dyve! You'll find extensive information here and feel free to share or ask anything under the sun relating to scuba diving off course... :D :D :D

Back to your Q, i would say Tenggol Island Beach Resort provides the best accommodation & logistics. Paul the owner is a great guy and Christy the Instructor is awesome too. With regards to sandfly infestation, really depends on the month you are going. Best to bring along a medication spray. Food-wise, it is good.

One thing i love about Tenggol is the laidback style & most divesites are within 30 mins away. Should try "The Highway" when you are there... It has both good pelagic, macros & mini wall too. Did i mentioned that once a whale shark wandered into the lagoon... Now, I did!  ;D ;D ;D

Best to wear a wets. Dunno wan get attack by jellys!

You'll have a great time there!

So, how are you going up there? DC or self-drive?

Christy is not there anymore. It's Robin. He's a nice guy.

No problem with sandflies usually.

Great for spotting nudis. It's usually the place we go to for whale shark spotting too.

Dyve

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 11, 00:00 »
Hi d!z@y,

Yes, this is a great place for exchanging information and learning from each other. Thanks a lot for your advice and info.

Laidback style kind of place = woohooo!  ;D

Good to know that food is good, as I'm always exceptionally very hungry during my diving trips. I could eat a cow haha...

I did a search about "The Highway". Yes, sounds good and interesting, as quite a number of things happening at one site..a must go!

Yup seen some videos about the whale shark there. Always good to have them around!  :D :D :D

Well, with or without sharky around. I'm sure I will enjoy it's nice and relaxing, natural orientated surrounding and undisturbed dive sites.     

My friend and I will be driving there in about one to two weeks' time. Will be visiting Redang too.

Dyve

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 11, 00:18 »
Hi Tim,

Saw some pics of nudis taken from there. Very beautiful and interesting ones. Hopefully I could encounter some too.

Any particular site for whale shark spotting. That might have a higher chance of encountering one? 

Cheers!

stevesteve

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 11, 05:30 »
Sorry. I have never been to tenggol before. thus how can i get there through the cheapest way, and how much will it costs for a 3D2N dive trip? saying from friday to sunday? :) with resort, dives, and everything for the whole trip.

timyang

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 11, 06:53 »
Any particular site for whale shark spotting. That might have a higher chance of encountering one? 

Usually the deeper dive sites. If the whale shark is around, you often have to wait for another group to come back and say "I saw a whale shark" then you jump on the boat and run there.

It's all luck.

Dyve

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 11, 13:45 »
Yes Tim, only luck could grant you the chance to encounter with them.

Hahaha.....ok noted. Everything will be on standby.

Thanks! 

MrTakTahu

• So Others May Live...
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 11, 08:20 »
Sorry. I have never been to tenggol before. thus how can i get there through the cheapest way, and how much will it costs for a 3D2N dive trip? saying from friday to sunday? :) with resort, dives, and everything for the whole trip.
http://www.pulautenggol.com/getthere.htm

fusionx99

« Reply #9 on: 01 Jul 11, 11:23 »
Helo.!!!!!!!!!

Wanted to know is there any coaches from singapore to Kuala Dungun? which ferry us to tenggol? :D
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!!