Author Topic: Dive Site for Recommendation  (Read 2847 times)

JTscorpio

Dive Site for Recommendation
« on: 25 Jul 11, 16:33 »
Hi All,

I am new in this dive community. It has provided many insight for me. However, I will be going to Tioman this coming national day holidays and staying at paya beach resort. It is my first time diving there. Could anyone kind enough to give me insight into which dive site is nice.

Thanks in Advance,
JT

antacid

• Colouredshots
Re: Dive Site for Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 11, 16:43 »
Paya is a nice resort to be at. Probably one of the nicest among the few i've tried. if you're just joining them for dives, i don't think you will have a choice to choose which dive sites to go to.

if you're into macro photography, can try asking them to bring you to Aaron's Bay, which is right off the beach in front of Paya.

JTscorpio

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 11, 16:53 »
Thanks Antacid for your recommendation. As I am also new into UW photography, my setup is just a canon S95  with ikelite housing and sadly without strobe and without any macro lens. If I do not have a choice to choose which dive sites to go to, then usually the DC will bring us where for diving?

caledfwlch

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 11, 17:05 »
Hi All,

I am new in this dive community. It has provided many insight for me. However, I will be going to Tioman this coming national day holidays and staying at paya beach resort. It is my first time diving there. Could anyone kind enough to give me insight into which dive site is nice.

Thanks in Advance,
JT

Dude, ask them to bring you to Fan Canyon and Tulai Island. By far, my best dive ever is both fan canyon and tulai. Fan Canyon is also know as sea fan garden. The colours are just... WOW!

diverChris

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 11, 18:49 »
Thanks Antacid for your recommendation. As I am also new into UW photography, my setup is just a canon S95  with ikelite housing and sadly without strobe and without any macro lens. If I do not have a choice to choose which dive sites to go to, then usually the DC will bring us where for diving?

Hey JT, S95 is a great camera even by itself. This guy uses compact camera and can take very gd pictures using ambiene light, no flash, with white balance settings only. http://www.strobelessphotography.com/

PADI Divemaster
Canon S95 w Ikelite Housing
Sea&Sea YS-01 and YS-02 Strobes
Inon Macro UCL165 M67, FIX UWL -04 Fisheye

caledfwlch

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 11, 18:54 »
WOW those were some decent shots

diverChris

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 11, 19:01 »
WOW those were some decent shots

Ya... NO STROBE somemore. His pictures can easily embarrass many strobes user...
PADI Divemaster
Canon S95 w Ikelite Housing
Sea&Sea YS-01 and YS-02 Strobes
Inon Macro UCL165 M67, FIX UWL -04 Fisheye

MarcJoshua

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 11, 09:28 »
Renggis, look for sharks!