Author Topic: Tioman's Best Dive  (Read 1379 times)

racerx_

Tioman's Best Dive
« on: 13 Sep 11, 11:42 »
Hey guys.. heading back to Tioman next week and wondering what you think would be the best dive over there? Last time i was there was getting open water certified.. now have advanced/nitrox so there's a few more options. Think i dived at Chebeh, labas, soyak, batu malang, and the salang house reef last round. Was thinking itd be fun to do one of the wrecks this round, but can't find any good feedback on if they're worth going to or not.

Any opinions?

Alvin Ho

Re: Tioman's Best Dive
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 11, 12:33 »
Depends on what kind of diving you enjoy. I liked tiger reef, golden reef, magicenne's rock when i visited last time. There are a couple of macro/muck spots along the coast that are well worth exploring if that's your thing. tomok bay, paya beach, salang jetty to name a few.
Canon 5D MK III
Canon 100mm L Macro, Canon 16-35mm L, Canon 8-15mm FE, Nexus Housing
Sony A7R2, A6300 Sony 90mm Macro, Nauticam Housing
Inon Z-240 Strobes, Weefine Video lights, FIT Focus lights

Jordan76

• Dive NOW... work LATER. Sadly I'm working now...
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 11, 14:18 »
I think a lot depends on whether there are students going on the trip you're on...

limited choices once there are students... but i saw a black tip at Renggis last Sunday.
adult size...  :D

heard tiger reef is great too... haven't had the chance to go there though

racerx_

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 11, 15:15 »
appreciate the input.. yeah not much in to muck diving but would like to see some more nice reefs that are full of life. Really want an octopus haha

was thinking the same thing about students.. last time i was the student lol.. hoping i can get to tiger reef this round. videos online look stunning