Author Topic: Diving in Okinawa?  (Read 9101 times)

tingfeng

Re: Diving in Okinawa?
« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 13, 16:54 »
Hi Caleb,

I am going there from 9th to 16th Dec 2013. Do let me know which DC. What dives are you planning to do there?
Thanks in advance!

bunty99

• Singapore Scuba Diving Forum
« Reply #11 on: 21 Feb 15, 23:52 »
Anyone has recommendations for a Yonaguni DC? I'm planning a trip for Feb 2016 haha.

Is Ishigaki worth visiting as well during that time?

limk

« Reply #12 on: 22 Feb 15, 09:41 »
went with jap friend to yonaguni and so it was arranged. i just remember it was NAUI dive shop
it's worth visiting of cos becos of the famous u/water ruins of the 'lost city'
a bit more chilly, recommend dive with hood n gloves
3mm + rashg is ok, or 5mm which is more bulky

bunty99

« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 15, 14:46 »
went with jap friend to yonaguni and so it was arranged. i just remember it was NAUI dive shop
it's worth visiting of cos becos of the famous u/water ruins of the 'lost city'
a bit more chilly, recommend dive with hood n gloves
3mm + rashg is ok, or 5mm which is more bulky

Was the NAUI dive shop called Reef Encounters? I'm thinking of just booking direct with a yonaguni dive operator rather than go thru a middleman.

Still figuring out if Ishigaki is worth it in feb, otherwise I will just spend 4-5 days diving around yonaguni.

limk

« Reply #14 on: 02 Mar 15, 14:13 »
i think that's the one yep.
direct with yonaguni ain't bad
the island is v v tiny a round drive is like 1/2 hr or something.

chuanfatt

« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar 15, 14:02 »
Interesting. I got think of it too.

Etherien

« Reply #16 on: 17 Mar 15, 15:00 »
On a slightly related note, if all the staff at the dive shop speaks only Japanese, would they reject divers who can't speak Japanese?

If so, is there any updated list on the web for dive shops in Japan that can cater to English-speaking divers?

limk

« Reply #17 on: 18 Mar 15, 10:56 »
On a slightly related note, if all the staff at the dive shop speaks only Japanese, would they reject divers who can't speak Japanese?
If so, is there any updated list on the web for dive shops in Japan that can cater to English-speaking divers?

Dunno man.
I think it depends...if you are a girl. or a guy. hahaha.
Diving related things no big issue the handsignals are all the same and they're wayy more conservative anyway.
For the English speaker it could be a thrill to learn some words, and immerse into what a trip with the shop is like.

I know of Mars divers http://www.marscuba.com/, Discovery divers http://www.discoverydiverstokyo.com/, and ocean-tech-divers.com, that are more 'angmo'...

Make sure u try visit one of many shops of www.mic21.com - they sell INON and other goodies made in Japan at great prices.

seabed

« Reply #18 on: 02 Nov 15, 14:59 »
I am always interested in diving Yonaguni. Which flight route did you guys take? Anyone knows any connecting flight or boat from Taiwan? Thanks.  :)

bunty99

« Reply #19 on: 02 Nov 15, 17:42 »
I am always interested in diving Yonaguni. Which flight route did you guys take? Anyone knows any connecting flight or boat from Taiwan? Thanks.  :)

I'm flying from SG-Beijing-Naha (Air China) and Naha-Tokyo-SG (ANA). Used miles so 2 different flight itineraries.

Naha to Yonaguni is via JAL domestic.